New York Suspended License Lawyer
Top Rated NYC Attorney Defending Your Right to Drive
When you have your License Suspended you will lose your freedom to drive for a period of time before it is returned to you. New York Suspended License Lawyer Carl Spector has over 28 years defending New York motorists and helping them get their licenses back after a suspension. If you have lost your license due to DWI or another alcohol related charge, New York Suspended License Lawyer Carl Spector can help you earn a hardship license or maintain a conditional license. New York Suspended License Lawyer Carl Spector will fight for your privilege to drive.
After your arrest for a DWI / DUI in New York, your driver’s license will be administratively suspended at your arraignment and remain suspended until the end of your case. If you are an out of state driver, your privileges to drive in New York will be suspended. State law provide you an opportunity to try to get a hardship drivers license in New York while your case is pending to drive to and from work.
The factors that the court will consider are as follows:
- You must not have refused to take a chemical test;
- You must not have had a previous DWI conviction within the last five years,;
- You must testify at the hardship hearing that with out your drivers license you would suffer extreme hardship and that there is no viable alternative means of getting to work other than driving yourself, you may have to provide documentation to support your hardship claims;
- You must have a witness testify who supports and confirms your hardship claims;
- Additional witnesses must confirm that there are no family members, friends or coworkers that could drive you to work.
New York Suspended License Lawyer Carl Spector can assist you in getting your hardship license. If you need driving privileges as soon as possible, New York Suspended License Lawyer Carl Spector is there to assist you and help present your claim to the court for a hardship license.
After a first time conviction for DWI / DUI or DWAI, you participate in the Drinking Driver Program (DDP) and receive a conditional license under the following circumstances.
- If Department of Motor Vehicles determines you are eligible for the DDP;
- The sentencing judge does not stop your enrollment in the DDP;
- Payment of the enrollment and program fees.
The law mandates participation in the DDP, even if the driver is not eligible for a conditional license, for convictions of specific alcohol or drug-related violations, or in specific plea-bargaining situations.
Fact: Conditional driver’s licenses are not permitted for commercial driver’s licenses.
New York Suspended License Lawyer Carl Spector can guide you through the conditional license process. Our New York Suspended License Lawyer has significant experience handling DWI license suspensions and will use his knowledge of the law and the Drinking Driver Program (DDP) to get the best possible result for you.
If you have been charged with any alcohol related crimes and have lost your license, New York Suspended License Lawyer Carl Spector can defend your right to drive. Contact our experienced New York Suspended License Lawyer today for top rated legal performance in New York City. New York Suspended License Lawyer Carl Spector can earn you back your right to drive.